Follow Me

 photo socialicons1.jpg  photo socialicons2.jpg  photo socialicons3.jpg  photo socialicons6.jpg  photo socialicons4.jpg  photo socialicons5.jpg

Monday 11 August 2014

Mini makeup haul & birthday nails

I thought I was done buying makeup for a while but I guess I was wrong. I went out Saturday looking for shoes and of course I found myself in the makeup store. I heard about a makeup store called Blush in the Savoy Building and my cousin Kenneia wanted a new foundation so I suggested we go there. The only thing I planned on buying were a pair of flip flops that I
saw on their Facebook page but I just couldn't help myself. I ended up buying and leaving so many things I wanted! The store owner Julie and her employee Ashelique were so helpful. Julie was busy doing makeup for a client so Ashelique had to help us find the perfect shade for Kenneia. I guess standing in a store full of makeup got me a little excited because before I knew it I was buying more than just flip flops. I mentioned that I have oily skin and she suggested I use Milk of Magnesia. I've never heard of it but Kenneia swears by it and says it's good at controlling oil. I researched it a little when I got home and turns out it's a laxative (hilarious!). But, I tried it and they were right..it worked. I didn't feel too guilty about my purchase after I saw Kenneia buying way more than just foundation. She walked away with a beauty blender, a pair of lashes, a MAC lipstick, an NYX lipstick, a lip pencil and a bottle of Milk of Magnesia (and that's just all that I can remember). I love that store I'm definitely going back! I also love the name "Blush" I think it's so cute and perfect for a makeup store.
Here's a picture of what I bought Saturday. They're not all from Blush but the majority of them are.






I also got my nails done this weekend for my birthday trip. I wasn't sure what I wanted but I had a few things in mind. I decided to go with matte white squareletto nails and I absolutely love them! Geri at Nudo's Salon in the Millennium Mall did them for me. She was super fast, sweet and affordable. I'll list her contacts below.


Instagram: @nailsbygeri

Numbers:
553-0774
352-6836

Well that's all lovebugs! Talk to you guys in the next post!

Raye xo

2 comments: