Follow Me

 photo socialicons1.jpg  photo socialicons2.jpg  photo socialicons3.jpg  photo socialicons6.jpg  photo socialicons4.jpg  photo socialicons5.jpg

Tuesday 11 August 2015

My favorite Restaurants in The Abacos

If you've ever spent even the smallest amount of time in Abaco, you'll know that there's an endless amount of places to enjoy good food. During my last trip, I took the time out to explore the areas of this island and it's beautiful cays that I've never ventured into on my previous trips. I made it as far as Cooper's Town in the north, and Sandy Point in the south. Driving to these places took forever but I was determined to see them, and eat some good food while I was there.  So here's a list of my current favorite places to eat in Abaco, I'm sure there are more great places but this is just where I've been so far. 

1. Oasis Restaurant - Marsh Harbour, Abaco

I ate at this restaurant one night when I was just about to give up on finding dinner. I was so close to going home to enjoy a good old slam-bam. It was shortly after nine when I found out they were having Asian night, but the restaurant closed at 9pm. Leslie made a call to the owner, who if I'm not mistaken, is also the chef, and he told us that he would still accommodate us. When we got there we were greeted by the chef who ushered us to take a seat in one of the cozy booths. I'm not a huge fan of Asian food, so I ordered the most common thing, sweet and sour chicken with shrimp fried rice, and Leslie ordered sweet and sour conch with shrimp fried rice (I'm getting hungry just typing this). While waiting for our food, we were offered a few mangoes and anyone who knows me knows that my love for mango runs deep! So I was in love with this place before I even got my food. The food came after a short wait and I couldn't wait to dig in. It was so amazing! And I'm not just saying that because I was nearly starving, Leslie enjoyed his food too. Hands down, without a doubt this was the best shrimp fried rice I have ever had. I am definitely visiting Oasis Restaurant every time I visit Marsh Harbour.



2. Curly Tail's - Marsh Harbour, Abaco 

This is the very first restaurant I ate at during my first trip to Abaco, and now it's a must that 
I go every time I'm on the island. Even if it's just to enjoy the sunset view from the open-air deck while eating their amazing fried cheesecake. My friends and I went here last summer and they loved it too. The staff is very friendly, and the bartender upstairs is always so welcoming (wish I got his name). If you want to enjoy a sunset dinner in a great atmosphere with delicious food, then this is the perfect spot.



3. Harbors Edge - Hope Town, Elbow Cay 

If hospitality had an address, then this would definitely be it. I love every single thing about Hope Town, but this restaurant has to be my favorite. The food is always good! Always. The staff is amazing, they remembered me and Leslie from our first time there in February of 2014. I thought that was so cool. And what's also great about this place is that it overlooks the famous Elbow Reef Lighthouse, and it has a little shop at the front that carries Hope Town Canvas bags. I've wanted one for a while so I finally bought one on this trip.




4. Wrecking Tree Restaurant - Green Turtle Cay 

This little place is a good option if you're ever in Green Turtle and looking to enjoy really good Bahamian food. Green Turtle was the very first Cay I visited in Abaco and this restaurant caught my eye shortly after getting off of the ferry. It's built around a famous wrecking tree, and it's a really great spot for lunch or dinner.



5. People's Best Grill - Marsh Harbor, Abaco 

I saw a college friend of mine share this food place on Facebook, and the pictures of the food were so enticing that I had to go out and find it. As it turns out, this was actually his place. I'm fairly new to driving in Abaco and I'm not familiar with street names and landmarks so of course I got lost, twice. I got Leslie to show me where it was and my stomach led me there one night I skipped dinner. I got there and it was jammed pack! It was late and I was alone so I didn't bother getting out of the car. I went back for lunch the next day and immediately regretted my decision to pass up on eating there the night before. I ordered grilled chicken, macaroni, and a baked potato and it was so delicious! Their loaded baked potatoes will haunt me until I go back to have another one. And trust me, I'm going back to have a few more.



It's not hard to find really great food in Abaco, but I hope this list makes it a little easier. I cannot wait to go back to enjoy food at these amazing places and more!

Talk to you guys in the next post!

 Raye xo

No comments:

Post a Comment